As a small charity run by two people and focusing on the less glamorous species we find we have very little time for fundraising and little success in attracting sponsorship. There aren’t too many grant making bodies who will support an organisation campaigning for better treatment of ‘vermin’! But our costs are considerable as we aim to work to a high standard. We provide excellent care for our animals – we feed good quality food, provide good sized cages and plenty of enrichment, and travel 25 miles to see a specialist vet to ensure our animals receive the best possible veterinary care. Our advice websites provide help for hundreds of thousands of people and animals each year and we are receiving an increasing number of calls to our helpline. Our dream would be to be able to fund a 24/7 helpline so someone finding a wildlife casualty will ALWAYS be able to talk to someone for advice. We know we’re not alone in our passionate belief that ALL animals deserve fair treatment no matter what their size or species so we rely entirely on the generosity of those who share our views to keep going. Here are some ways you can donate.
- By bank transfer: if you use online banking you can transfer money direct to our account very easily using these details – Account No: 65718081, Sort Code: 089299. Please use your name as the reference.
- By cheque: please make the cheque payable to The Starlight Trust. Click here for our postal address.
- By paypal: our paypal address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If using paypal please choose the option ‘I’m sending money to family or friends’ so that we don’t lose some of your donation to paypal fees.
- By standing order: having a regular, monthly income means the world to a small charity like us. If you can spare a regular amount then you can set up a standing order through your online banking using these details – Account No: 65718081, Sort Code: 089299. Please use your name as the reference.
- By text: Just text RATS00£ and either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 to 70070. (Texts are charged at your mobile phone operator’s standard rate. The charity will receive 100% of your donation. You must be 16 or over and please ask the bill payer’s permission. For full terms and conditions and more information, please visit www.justgiving.com/info/terms-of-service.)
- Via MyDonate: Visit https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/thestarlighttrust to see details of our current fundraising appeals and donate towards them. You can also create your own fundraising event such as a bake sale or sponsored run to raise money for us.
- Sponsor a Resident: Our sanctuary residents can be sponsored from £2 a month. More details here.
However you donate, we would be very grateful if you would complete a gift aid declaration form allowing us to claim the tax on your donation. This is worth an extra 25p for every pound you donate at no cost to you so is extremely valuable. You can download the form from here and return it to us by email or post.