As a very small charity, the Starlight Trust is entirely reliant on the help of volunteers to carry out our work. The trust does not employ any staff so everything we do relies on volunteers. Volunteers are people who freely choose to contribute their time, energy and skills to support the trust’s work.
As we are run from our home, we don’t currently have any opportunities for helping to care for the animals here. This means we are also unable to accept work experience, Duke of Edinburgh or other such placements.
We would really appreciate help with
- Collecting, sorting and selling donated goods. We’re looking for someone local perhaps with a shed or garage who could receive and store donations for us, sort them and sell them through eBay etc to help raise funds.
- Running our websites, especially with the really technical stuff which is a bit beyond our capabilities. Even if you can just be available to answer our daft questions when something goes wrong, that would be a huge help!
- Running our social media accounts. This would best suit someone who is experienced in social media and who would feel confident to use their initiative to find or create content on top of the stories about our work that we generally share.
- Maintaining the directory of wildlife rescues at helpwildlife.co.uk. This requires a general level of comfort with IT, using wordpress and google sheets. I’ll be honest, it’s not very exciting work but it is really really important.
- Graphic design. We’d love to revamp our logos, make our websites more visually appealing, and get our wildlife advice leaflets looking more professional.
If you can help with any of these roles please send an email to email@example.com including details of relevant skills, experience etc.